Corporate Social Responsibility
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) is the process of assessing an organization’s impact on society and evaluating their responsibilities. The importance of social responsibility is now being recognized by most of leading businesses all over the world. CSR and its return on investment have practically proved itself as a benchmark of companies’ far-sighted policy and good standing in the community.
The Committee functions to create a forum for AmCham members to exercise socially responsible in an impacting, sustainable, coherent and visible way.
The goal of AmCham CSR committee is to embrace responsibility for the company’s actions and encourage a positive impact through its activities on the environment, consumers, employees, communities, stakeholders and all other members of the public sphere.
The key directions of committee work are information exchange – increase the public awareness and business to business communication, best practice share – improve the performance of CSR policies and operations in/between the key stakeholders (government bodies, businesses), policy dialogue/ Whitepaper and implemtation of common projects.
CSR Committee concentrates its energies and best knowledge to achieve results on the following priority areas:
- Raising awareness on social development areas and CSR in Azerbaijan;
- Creating partnership opportunities and synergies among AmCham members in CSR;
- Increasing members’ staff participation in CSR projects;
- Encouraging demand-driven, sustainable, efficient, coherent and impacting social investment;
- Increasing sustainability of CSR project outcomes thorough evidence building, public policy and advocacy engagement;
- Learning and sharing global best practices on private public partnerships;
- More efficient communication of social responsibility engagement; and
- Increased member capacity in designing and/or assessing meaningful and cost-efficient social projects that result in real impact on community and policy levels.
To get acquainted with CSR Guide, please follow the link below: